Susi Harris FdA, PG Dip. Reg MBACP
Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counsellor for Adults (FdA)
Qualified Counsellor for Children and Adolescents (PG Dip.)
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (PG Dip.)
Insured and MBACP Registered Practicing Member of The
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
and for your security I hold a DBS Certificate (Disclosure & Barring).
Alongside my current Private Practice work, I work with Counselling Service Clients referred to counselling through GPs via Primary Health Care Services, and with a team of Counsellors providing an Online Counselling Service. My experience includes working as a School Based Counsellor with young people between 11-18yrs, as well as working as a Bereavement Counsellor via the NHS Bereavement Service.
An example of the therapy issues I commonly work with include anxiety, depression, confidence and self-esteem, anger control, phobias, panic, addiction, styles of relating/relationships, family issues, abuse, trauma, plus my special interest in bereavement work.
I have trained as a Humanistic Integrative Counsellor via the BACP Accredited Course via Trinity St David University of Wales based at Coleg Sir Gar. It has has provided me with counselling expertise plus a comprehensive range of suitable interventions and resources to meet the individual needs of clients, and to provide the best counselling experience and most effective outcome.
My Ethos for a successful Counselling relationship is one built on mutual honesty, trust and respect.
Some therapy issues and your personal preferences will influence our particular way of working, for example, if your need is to solve a problem this may benefit from Solution Focused Therapy work. Some other key approaches include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, Human Givens Psychotherapy or Emotion Focused Therapy/Gestalt Therapy. My training enables me to integrate elements of these approaches to suit your individual needs during the counselling process. The Person Centred Approach underpins all my therapy work, putting our relationship and your personal therapy needs and wishes foremost. Some interventions I practice include Human Givens Rewind Technique effective for phobias as well as trauma conditions, Transactional Analysis, (particularly powerful in relationship and personality exploration).
Having trained and practiced as a Counsellor in the NHS Bereavement Service, Loss and Bereavement is dear to my heart and is work of special interest.
I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development workshops (CPDs) and training in person and online. Ongoing courses include working at Diploma level in (CBT) Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, plus Hypnotherapy. I regularly attend Clinical Supervision, as required by BACP Ethical Framework and Guidelines for Counselling Practice.
My Professional development and training is ongoing with attendance of regular supervision as well as regular training courses to asses and develop my practice and skills.
- BACP Accredited Found. Degree FdA (Distinction) 3YR Humanistic Integrative Counselling, Trinity St David University of Wales
- BTEC/EDEXCEL Intermediate Award Counselling Level 2, Trinity St David University of Wales
- OA Diploma Distinction, Counselling Children and Adolescents, Online Acad Reg No. 0A29976
- TA 101 Certificate, Institute of Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Anxiety and Depression, Swansea University Accredited
- OA Diploma Distinction, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Online Acad Reg No. OA29976
- Child and Adolescent Learning Course, Dept of Health/BACP MindEd (current)
- ILM (City & Guilds) Diploma Hypnotherapy Practitioner Certificate & IAHT (International Association of Holistic Therapists) Hypnotherapy Centre of Excellence (current)
Further Training and Professional Development
- Bereavement Counselling Training and Practice, NHS Bereavement Service, 1 YEAR
- Rewind Technique training for the Visual Kinaesthetic Dissociation for the Neutralisation of Traumatic Memories. Psychological treatment, Human Givens Psychotherapy Institute
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Keeping them Safe - Protecting Children from Child Sexual Exploitation V2
- Mental Health First AID, Public Health Wales
- Child Psychology, Swansea University
- Gestalt Therapy, Swansea University
- Trauma Therapy, Swansea University
- OCD & Phobia Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), CBT Specialist Trainer
- Teaching Confidence and Assertiveness, PJG Consultant Psychologists
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Support, New Pathways
- Psychosexual Therapy Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy, Swansea Metropolitan University Trainer
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Storytelling & Metaphors in Counselling
- Education based Emotional Literacy Conferenence Training
- Suicide Intervention Training
- Introduction to Personality Disorder
- Transactional Analysis and Relationships
- Domestic & Sexual Abuse
- Autistic Aware Certificate
If you are in crisis and need urgent support or are experiencing suicidal thoughts please contact your GP (day or out of hours line) who is there to support you and who will be able to provide suitable help, as will your Hospital emergency department. Talk to The Samaritans with urgent or non urgent support at any time FREE on 116 123 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrange a Free Phone Consultation - Carmarthenshire Practice Location Maps in Swansea, Ammanford, Gorseinon, Brynamman