Life Therapy Practice
Counselling with Susi Harris,
FdA (BACP Accred), PG Dip. Reg MBACP
Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counsellor for Adults (FdA BACP Accred)
Qualified Counsellor for Children and Adolescents (PG Dip.)
Professionally Insured & DBS Checked Therapist
Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) (BACP )
Registered Member of the BACP C&YP (Children & Young People Division)
My Counselling Practices in Carmarthenshire are based in Ammanford, Swansea, Llanelli, Pontardawe and Brynamman.
I hope I can help you find what you are looking for, and help you make the most of your life..
My Therapy Approach - Working with Adults, Young People and Children
As a Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counsellor, trained and experienced in multiple therapy approaches, I offer you tailored private therapy for your individual needs (not one fits all).
My Therapy Approaches are tailored according to therapy issues and your personal preferences. For example, problem solving needs may benefit from Solution Focused Therapy work but may also benefit from some useful exploration integrating other models with an approach that best enables understanding and makes sense to you as an individual.
Other key models include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, Human Givens Psychotherapy, Emotion Focused Therapy/Gestalt Therapy and Transactional Analysis (TA) (which can provide powerful working tools for successful relationship and personality for example) . All therapy is based on the foundation of the Person Centred Approach, putting our relationship and your personal therapy needs and wishes foremost, as well as working within the BACP Ethical Framework. Some specialised interventions I practice include the Human Givens Rewind Technique, effective for phobias as well as trauma conditions.
Therapy for Humans - Issues & Problems
Talking and working with me therapeutically can help you in many so aspects of your life - to resolve/solve problems, to rebuild your life and hopes, for continued chronic support, to understand your worries and anxiety, or just get some clarity at a difficult time. Therapy is conducted confidentially and sensitively with another understanding human (me) to receive you as you are, and help you explore what you need to effectively. It can be whatever difficulties you need it for.
Therapy for Self-Discovery, Health & Well-Being
As a human, this is good to understand... Awareness and understanding of our feelings has a direct connection to wellness - this cannot be underestimated. The stress of bottling up feelings and avoiding matters can cause problems.
Therapeutically exploring your thoughts and feelings, like using an internal Sat Nav, helps self understanding and behaviours, helps identify what you may be lacking, craving or struggling with. It can empower you to get your needs met both emotionally and physically, with conscious decision making rather than succumbing to unhelpful habits, addictions, anger behaviours or stresses, which may lead to health issues including Anxiety, Depression, or Emotional and Physical Breakdown for example.
Are you feeling low and hopeless in this cycle? I can help you with life issues, past or present to get you back on track - with life how it should be.
Therapy for Life Change, Relationships & Self-Development
Clients often report that counselling has changed their life - for themselves, relationships, situations and future hopes. That our sessions have brought them relief from troublesome thoughts, emotions and behaviour, together with new helpful perspectives and strategies. With this comes increased self understanding and confidence, bringing the benefits of new options and courage to make changes. What may exist for you?!
Therapy for Support - Grief, Loss, Trauma or Change
Sensitive expert support and guidance with bereavement, loss, or change can be valuable to help you cope through difficulties and help with life ahead.
Please see my thoughts concerning The Benefits of Exploring Grief or Loss.
It's never too late to change your life
How important are you - to yourself, and others? I understand that at a difficult time, feelings of low confidence can make asking for help difficult. Maybe too, you think ‘I should just get on with it’ or that having counselling is self-indulgent, or an unwarranted expense? Perhaps consider the implications to your health and circumstances and how counselling could help. How can I help you?
Coping Strategies and Personal Development
Relaxation Techniques including Guided Imagery are frequently enjoyed by my clients in therapy sessions to help calm nervousness or master self control in a Mindfulness approach over Stress and Anxiety. These can be very effective skills to learn to enhance mind and body well-being and for management of difficult issues and challenging situations when under stress or pressure.
- Learn relaxation coping strategies to manage and reduce stress and Anxiety
- How to overcome Low self-confidence and low self-esteem and start enjoying a new world with assertiveness skills
- Anger issues and Anger Management strategies
- Overcoming difficulties with Rewind Technique Therapy for Trauma or Fears
- Exploring and understanding your needs, how to meet them and make life more fulfilling
- Exploring your different relationships, learn successful communication and emotions
- Exploring behaviour patterns, how to change unhelpful behaviours to effective ones
- Exploring new ways to deal with stress, anxiety and depression
Counselling Issues - Adults, Young People, Children (11+)
- Abuse past and present, physical, emotional, sexual, neglect
- Addictions involving drugs and alcohol
- Addictions Sex, Gambling, Internet, Smoking, plus problem habits such as Spending
- Anger Management and Stress or lack of control
- Anxiety, Social or Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Phobias, Obsessions, Fears
- Attachment and Separation difficulties
- Bereavement, Grief
- Bipolar Disorder/Manic Depression
- Bullying or Harassment
- Chronic illness or pain or disability
- Depression or low mood, postnatal depression, Bipolar Disorder/Manic Depression
- Divorce and coping with Separation
- Eating disorders and concerns
- Family issues
- Female issues
- Guilt or Shame
- Individuality, Gender or Identity Issues, Sexuality, cultural, faith
- Loss, or difficult changes
- Low self-confidence and low self-esteem
- Male health and depression, Topics and Forum
- Motivation and personal development
- Obsessions and Compulsion, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting, child issues
- Personality Disorders or personality difficulties
- Postnatal Depression
- Relationship issues with partners, affairs, betrayal, trust, divorce, co-dependency
- Relationships with family, friends, colleagues
- Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD - Seasonal or Environmental Changes bringing Low Mood and disturbances
- Self harm, self-neglect
- Self Image or Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Trauma, PTSD
- Well-Being matters
- Work and career related stress, concerns
LOSS AND BEREAVEMENT, such a significant and difficult part of our lives in so many ways and is of particular interest, following my training and experience working as a Counsellor within a bereavement service. Grief comes in many forms of losses or changes so by identifying such events or past patterns it can help us to understand and reshape our path ahead.
- Anticipated grief of a loved one dying
- Baby, or child loss
- Child bereavement, Loss of Parent
- Bereavement, loss of a loved one and coping without them
- Chronic or ongoing complicated grief
- Disability or illness and impact of life
- Pet loss
- Sudden loss, traumatic or anticipated loss
- Loss associated with life changes or circumstances
The Benefits of Exploring Grief or Loss
Counselling support can be a significant help during a distressing time of suffering a loss, by talking with someone understanding and experienced for you, at your side to listen. Often other people in your life do not know what to do or say to help you, making grieving a very isolating experience.
Bereavement Counselling therapy can help make sense of what has happened and the changes it has brought. Grief is a unique experience for every individual with many complex emotions and experiences attached to it, and can continue for any amount of time. Allowing yourself to address your feelings, can help avoid distressing isolation, possible complications in grief, as well as help with the worry of practical matters and functioning.
As a grief therapist, I support every client individually with patience, respect and dignity.
07496 864388 email@example.com
Phone/Text/ Email/Or Use the Contact Form.
FEES per Counselling Hour in Swansea, Ammanford,
Llanelli, Brynamman, Pontardawe, Carmarthenshire.
£40.00 per Private Session
£35.00 per Telephone Session
£35.00 for Counselling Students
£45.00 for Corporate Healthcare Service Clients
(Concessions are available, so please ask me)
You may be able to get your counselling sessions paid if you have Healthcare Insurance depending on your policy conditions - please check with your insurer first for guidance.